Who gets selected at this stage?
We typically interview 25 professionals each week and select the best 5-7 to join us on the program. We will continue this process over a selection period of 4-5 weeks until we have a diverse, motivated tribe of unique individuals.
What does a successful applicant look like?
In the interview, we are looking for people who are incredibly motivated to make a change to their path and direction. The visionaries and rebels, who express their open-mindedness, curiosity, and desire to be part of an ambitious international community. We want to bring those together who want to do things that make them feel alive, and that matter to the world around them.
It doesn’t matter what skills or professional experience you have. We want to build a diverse group of do-ers, people of different abilities, cultures and skill sets to create the best learning environment. The most successful applicants are the most open to learning, and apply what they learn to taking action.
What should I prepare for?
Quite simply, we will ask you questions to understand better why you are motivated to join Uprise Academy, so we can understand how we can really help you. This means we want to know:
- Why do you want to work in a Start-up or create your own business?
- Why do you want to be part of this community?
- What can you bring to the cohort?
- What is driving you to make a bold change in yourself and even the world around you?
- What do you want to achieve after completing the program?
Next steps after the interview?
After your interview, the Uprise selection team will come together to discuss:
1) Who are the people who will make the most of the opportunity?
2) Who can be an integral part of our community?
3) Who are the most open, curious, bright professionals who we want as part of our network?
Within 2 or 3 days we will make a decision and give you a call to let you know if you’ve been selected.